Cast Urethane Solutions
Cast Urethane, RTV molding, vacuum parts, provides silicone rubber model material parts are strong and stable for low volume components. Materials such as Polypropylene, rigid or elastomers permit designs of thinner walls, lighter and longer-lasting parts. They provide a price-effective and speedy way to emulate injection molded plastic cast urethane components and allow for greater tolerances for mating parts by using this urethane method. The cast urethane process begins with a CAD date file in a format STEP or IGES or may be created by other methods, via CNC machining. The master is then finished to the level required to accomplish a modeled part visual model in color and texture. Generally, silicone molds can create about 15 to 30 parts before ware issues settles in.
- Application Method, SLA Master Pattern, RTV Tool, model Part, and Clean-up
- Available Materials, High-Impact part needs to Simulate ABS & PC/ABS, UL 94 Flammability, ROHS Complaint, plus other Polypropylene-like Materials
- Excellent for 5-30 Pilot Samples
- Tolerances of Cast Urethanes ± 0.005" for the first inch & ± 0.002" on every inch thereafter is the industry standard
- Textures, Heavy, Light, Medium or None
- Urethanes can be over-molded onto another urethane model, SLA parts, SLS parts and others
- Silicone parts can be created using the same process
- Rigid 3D models can be painted and/or plated
- Threaded inserts or other components can be insert molded during the cast urethane process
For more information about custom plastic and rubber components or any of our other capabilities please call us at (612) 432-4303. Let us quote your next pending project.